Searching for a thoughtful present? We’ve put together a selection of the best Mother’s Day gift ideas, all available to buy online with CollectPlus click & collect. By choosing us at the checkout you’ll benefit from the ease and convenience of shopping in your own time, as well as the freedom to avoid waiting in for deliveries.
If you’re planning a parental visit somewhere away from home, why not choose a CollectPlus store nearer to their address and pick up the parcel en route? Take a look at our store locator to see which of our 5,800 sites is most convenient.
Our top Mother’s Day tips for 2016
1. A case of exquisite wines
Shopping for someone who’d appreciate six award-winning bottles of vino? Wine lovers all over the UK are discovering Aldi’s compelling range of quality wines, which include celebrated varieties endorsed by the experts at International Wine Challenge. Available in cases of six bottles, these wines are exceptional value for money. We recommend the Exquisite Mixed Case (£38.24); a selection of reds and whites with an average bottle price of £6.37. And there’s no need to worry about taking delivery of such a bulky item at your own home, as you can now order Aldi’s wine cases with click & collect to your local CollectPlus store.
2. The ultimate home spa set
Candles, bath robes, slippers and towels may all seem like obvious Mothering Sunday suggestions, but The White Company takes these old favourites to another dimension. Its range of luxurious and long-lasting products will be welcome additions to any home, and the soothing scents and plush fabrics will help create that spa environment at every bath time. From top left, clockwise: Verveine candle (£20), White hydrocotton robe (£65), Waffle slippers (15), Pearl grey Egyptian towels (from £4). All available with CollectPlus click & collect.
3. An extraordinary cuppa
If you’d like to reverse the roles and ‘be mother’ for the day by serving up some mugs of steaming tea, we urge you to check out Teapigs, who brilliant brews are now available to click & collect with CollectPlus. A tin of their tea ‘temples’ makes for a lovely gift – not only because you’ll get to enjoy the contents together whenever you visit (if she hasn’t beaten you to it), but because the colourful storage tins can be kept and re-used afterwards. Each tin costs £9.95, with a great mix of classic and alternative varieties to choose from. Buy at Teapigs.
4. Handbag hound
Radley’s playful range of purses, bags and other accessories make gorgeous gifts, and this coral-coloured ‘Heritage Dog’ purse is a great example of the brand’s elegant simplicity. For mothers who prefer a more classic colour palette, it’s also available in golden tan leather, as well as a delicate sherbert pink. Available to click & collect from your CollectPlus store, Heritage Dog is £55 at Radley.
5. The gift of great skin
Origins’ range of luxury skincare products make great Mother’s Day gifts, and they’re available to buy using our handy click & collect method from John Lewis. We think this pot of ‘A Perfect World’ moisturiser, which contains extracts of white tea, would make for a particularly welcome present: its lightly-whipped texture gives great moisture, while the fragrance is wonderfully uplifting. Buy it for £36 at John Lewis.
6. Fab fragrance
Jo Malone’s botanically-inspired scents are the stuff of legend, and we think there’s no better way to experience them than in the form of an intense and full-bodied cologne. This peony and blush suede variety smells deliciously warming and would make an ideal gift. Along with a wide range of alternative scents, it’s available to buy for £85 at House of Fraser.
WIN a £50 voucher to boost your Mother’s Day fund
To give your Mother’s Day shopping a boost, we’re offering the chance to win a £50 shopping voucher to spend with one of our retail partners. To be in with a chance of winning all you need to do is fill out your details in the form below, and we’ll be in touch if you’ve been picked as our winner.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
2. This prize draw excludes CollectPlus employees, their families, agencies, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
3. The prize draw runs from 07:00 on Wednesday 24th February 2016 to 18:00 on Friday 11th March 2016.
4. There will be one prize of a £50 shopping voucher. No cash alternative is available and the prize is not transferable. By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value.
How to enter:
5. To be in for a chance of winning the prize draw, you must complete the form on this page including an email address that CollectPlus can use to contact you.
6. Only one entry per email address will be accepted.
7. The winners will be drawn at random by Friday 11th March 2016 and may be announced on Twitter either on the same date or at a later date. The winner will be notified that they have won the prize draw by email and must respond to this notification within 5 days, otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize.
8. By taking part in this prize draw you agree to @collectplus posting a public tweet stating the prize draw winner’s name.
9. The promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control. The promoter’s decision is binding in all matters.
10. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope to CollectPlus, 49 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DU.
11. The promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete or fail to arrive by the closing date and time.
12. The promoter is Drop & Collect Limited, 49 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DU.
13. These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. DATA PROTECTION: All the personal information that is taken during this prize draw will only be used in connection with the administration of the prize draw and will not be passed on to an outside company without permission.
February 22nd 2016 - by @CollectPlus