Legendary style blogger Emily Johnston AKA Fashion Foie Gras has rounded up five gorgeous Christmas party dresses to get heads turning through the festive season. Read on for Emily’s top tips on how to choose the perfect party dress for you.
This year, the party dress is your must-have foundation for a successful party season. If you buy correctly, one dress can see you through multiple parties. How? Well, glad you asked. It’s all about thinking outside the box when it comes to accessories and outfit enhancers such as faux fur stoles, tailored blazers and more. But, it all begins with the dress.
A dress with a great cut, a flattering shape and a high quality fabric is the way forward. Purchase with the idea of a multi-purpose wear; does the dress work with a denim jacket as well as a tuxedo jacket? That’s always my test. A staple dress should be able to work with both, and will find it’s way into one hundred different combinations in between. This is the dress that matches dozens of necklace and earring combos, has found a friend in your current footwear on offer and will play nicely with the other pieces in your wardrobe. In short, this is an investment in the long term party schedule that lies ahead.
So, after scouring the internet, I’ve uncovered five dresses that I feel have the potential to make this match. While I do believe nothing really beats a great little black dress, I’ve thrown in a metallic touch here and there and a moment with sequins. How could I not? It’s Christmas!
1. In my opinion, you can never go wrong with a red wrap dress. It’s the most simple, not to mention festive, way to get involved and you’ll find nothing flatters your figure more. It’s the one dress every woman needs for the festive season and beyond! Wrap dress in jersey crepe, £38 at ASOS
2. This is an update on the classic little black dress. With lace embellishments on the sleeve and skirt, there’s little needed here to make a statement. However, if you wish to wear more than once, try layering with a white pressed shirt underneath or a cashmere fitted pull over on top. Whistles Izzy lace and crepe dress, £150 at Very Exclusive
3. One more LBD for you – this one comes with some twists and turns. No really, I’m being literal. With a bit of lace and some serious structure, this is dress that can stand alone and draw attention from across a busy city street. I’m absolutely smitten. Wiggle dress with lace insert, £45 at ASOS.
4. I’ll just go ahead and admit I’ve never met a sequin I didn’t like. It’s an addiction that I’m dealing with. Bottom line is that sequins are made for the holidays and this dress can be worn in a hundred different outfit combinations for season, without breaking a sweat. Iridescent embellished t-shirt dress, £95 at ASOS.
5. This summer we all fell in love with the embroidery trend. Well, I have good news – it’s carried through into the new season and this stunning piece is a perfect reflection of our love for an embroidery piece in our wardrobes. Absolute perfection. Phase Eight Collection Azelia tapework dress, £325 at John Lewis.
November 15th 2016 - by @CollectPlus