Here at CollectPlus HQ along with most of the UK, we’re about to go cake crazy, as we don our aprons and prepare for the onslaught of icing sugar, glace cherries and cocoa powder that marks the start of the Great British Bake off 2016. But for those who occasionally have to leave the sweet smells of the kitchen to go out to work, getting hold of all the latest kit can be a challenge.
To help you over the first hurdle of becoming a pastry chef par excellence, we’ve picked out some items available to buy from our retail partners that should get your Great British Bake Off efforts off to a flying start. Read on for some cake-making essentials that you can order online an have delivered to a handy CollectPlus store near you – ready to collect at a time that suits you, or whenever the baking urge hits.
The cake is not for sale, sadly: but if you’re looking for a recipe for a stunningly tasty , take a look at this ‘crowd pleasing’ Black Forest Gateau recipe from Mrs. Great British Bake-Off herself, Mary Berry. You can be as restrained or as exuberant as you like with the decoration, but this will taste delicious either way.
Where to buy Great British Bake Off essentials using Click & Collect
Tala mini cooks’ dry measure: £4.99 at John Lewis
Get the measurements spot on with this baby-pink dry cooks’ measure from Tala: gives weights and measures at-a-glance for dry ingredients in both metric and imperial units.
Mason Cash ‘Varsity’ 24cm ceramic flan dish – £11.99 at Very
Bring a touch of class to your cakes, flans and pies with this glossy ceramic dish by Mason Cash.
Emma Bridgewater oven glove, £15 at John Lewis
Go dotty for baking with Emma Bridgewater’s classic polka-dot print. Available as a double oven glove; also on cake tins, tea towels and aprons.
China coasters by Royal Albert, 26.25 at House of Fraser
We think these traditional English style coasters by Royal Albert make terrific miniature plates for cupcakes. This set of 4 is currently on sale.
Electric kitchen jug scale, £6.99 at Aldi
You’ll make light work of measuring ingredients with this high-tech and ultra-affordable kitchen gadget, with its digital read-out and simple interface. Available now as an Aldi special buy.
Copper Measuring spoon , £8.95 at House of Fraser
Bring a touch of class to the basics of baking with this stylish copper measuring spoon by Barista & Co.
Tala dual icing bottle, 4.50 at John Lewis
Make sure your icing colours don’t blend and fade with this handy dual icing bottle by Tala.
‘Dorrit’ dog double oven gloves, £14.95 at Joules
Set of 4 pastel coloured measuring jugs, £7 at John Lewis
Cath Kidston cupcake stands. £36 at Cath Kidston (not available for click & collect)
Feeling inspired? Why not enter our competition to WIN a bumper box of Great British Bake Off essentials from a selection of our retailer partners? Read on to find out how you can enter.
Enter our Great British Bake Off prize draw
To be in with a chance of winning a selection of brilliant baking goods, all you need to do is fill out the form below, and we’ll be in touch via email if you’re chosen as a winner. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook for the latest updates, offers and competition news from CollectPlus.
1. Only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
2. This prize draw excludes CollectPlus employees, their families, agencies, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
3. The prize draw runs from 13:00 on Wednesday 24th August 2016 to 18:00 on Friday 9th September 2016.
4. There will be one prize of set of assorted cookery items selected by CollectPlus. No cash alternative is available and the prize is not transferable. By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value.
How to enter:
5. To be in for a chance of winning the prize draw, you must complete the form on this page including an email address that CollectPlus can use to contact you.
6. Only one entry per email address will be accepted.
7. The winners will be drawn at random by Friday 9th September 2016 and may be announced on Twitter either on the same date or at a later date. The winner will be notified that they have won the prize draw by email and must respond to this notification within 5 days, otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize.
8. By taking part in this prize draw you agree to @collectplus posting a public tweet stating the prize draw winner’s name.
9. The promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control. The promoter’s decision is binding in all matters.
10. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope to CollectPlus, 49 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DU.
11. The promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete or fail to arrive by the closing date and time.
12. The promoter is Drop & Collect Limited, 49 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DU.
13. These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. DATA PROTECTION: All the personal information that is taken during this prize draw will only be used in connection with the administration of the prize draw and will not be passed on to an outside company without permission.
August 24th 2016 - by @CollectPlus