If you’re still struggling to pay off post-Christmas credit card bills and have made a commitment to keep spending to a minimum, February can be an underwhelming month. Spring still feels a long way off, and there’s nothing like a good fashion fix to fight off the gloom.
Fortunately, there are some real bargains to be had at the moment, so you can still treat yourself to a smart pair of boots or some fun and stylish heels without compromising your thrifty intentions. Get ready to embrace the new season for less with our top Frugal February picks – available to click & collect for delivery to your nearest CollectPlus store. And in honour of the 29 days of the month (don’t forget it’s leap year!) we’ve kept all prices lower than £29.
Click on each image to buy >>
ASOS ‘Soulmate’ pointed heels:
Classic, pointed-toe heels with a romantic cut that’s ideal for Valentine’s Day. What’s not to love? These heels are yours for just £25 at ASOS.
Another style that’s sure to be a huge hit on the beach this year is the ever-popular espadrille, which oozes French chic while being one of the most easy footwear looks to pull off. This fun and punchy lace-up style is a steal at just £24 from River Island.
Roma snake-effect ankle boots at Pretty Little Thing:
We love the snake-effect detailing on these ankle boots from Pretty Little Thing. With their triangle-cut elastics and Burgundy tone they make a strong style statement, while the sturdy 5-inch block heel will ensure this season’s boot cut jeans are kept safely above ground. Even better, they’re now just £25 at Pretty Little Thing.
Pull & Bear chunky soled brogues
Super-stacked platforms are not going anywhere in spring/summer 2016, so if you’re looking to elevate your look this season, now’s the time to invest in some seriously chunky footwear pieces, like these stacked-heel brogues by Pull & Bear. You can buy them for just £19.99 at ASOS with CollectPlus click & collect to your local store.
Little Mistress Coral pointed ankle strap shoes:
Another shoe that’s just crying out to be bought for your Valentine’s Day date, this coral-coloured heel from Little Mistress is all set to turn heads and melt hearts. The 4.4 inch courts were originally priced at £50, but are now on sale at just £25 from Little Mistress.
Schuh tan ‘Roxanne’ boots:
Tassels continue to be a huge trend into spring/summer 2016, so you can’t go wrong with fringed ankle boots in neutral tones. We love this simple, stacked style at Schuh, which will lift your look to another level. This style is said to be ‘selling well’, and at just £24.99 at Schuh, we’re far from being surprised.
Dreaming of a time when your toes can feel the sun? Those days aren’t far off, and with ultra-affordable pieces like these hitting the shops around now, we can see this being a sellout style. Get ahead of the style curve with these ’70s-inspired block heeled sandals, which are just £19.99 at New Look.
Shoe Box ‘Middleton’ heels:
You can’t beat a pair of bold-coloured classic heels, and we’ve totally fallen for this cute suedette style by Shoe Box. A gentle platform offsets the slender heel making for easier wearing, while your wallet will love the diminutive price. These are available for next day delivery to your CollectPlus store, and are just £20 at Very.
Buckle strap ankle boots £29 at New Look:
If your winter boots have seen better days and you want to move stylishly into the new season, check out these super smart kicks from New Look. Available in four different on-trend tones, they have a partially-hidden metallic panel behind the heel that will add a touch of understated glam to your workwear wardrobe. £29.99 at New Look.
Boohoo is embracing the bootie trend this season, with chunky soles and 70s-style tassels aplenty. We love this simple style in all-over black, as it combines all the looks you’ll want to perfect in spring/summer 2016 while remaining easy to wear with its mid-height platform and wallet-friendly too, coming in at just £28 at Boohoo.
WIN a £25 shopping voucher to boost your February fashion fund
Want to make your cash go a little further? We’re giving away a £25 voucher to spend with one of our retail partners. Just fill out the form below to be in with a chance of winning. For an extra entry, tweet at us @CollectPlus with a picture of your favourite budget fashion find – whether it’s a pair of fabulously frugal shoes or an amazingly affordable accessory.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
2. This prize draw excludes CollectPlus employees, their families, agencies, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
3. The prize draw runs from 17:30 on Wednesday 3rd February 2016 to 18:00 on Friday 12th February 2016.
4. There will be one prize of: 1 x online shopping voucher worth £25. No cash alternative is available and the prize is not transferable. By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value.
How to enter:
5. To be in for a chance of winning the prize draw, you must complete the form on this page including an email address that CollectPlus can use to contact you.
6. Only one entry per email address will be accepted.
7. The winners will be drawn at random by Friday 12th February 2016 and may be announced on Twitter either on the same date or at a later date. The winner will be notified that they have won the prize draw by email and must respond to this notification within 5 days, otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize.
8. By taking part in this prize draw you agree to @collectplus posting a public tweet stating the prize draw winner’s name.
9. The promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control. The promoter’s decision is binding in all matters.
10. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope to CollectPlus, 49 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DU.
11. The promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete or fail to arrive by the closing date and time.
12. The promoter is Drop & Collect Limited, 49 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DU.
13. These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. DATA PROTECTION: All the personal information that is taken during this prize draw will only be used in connection with the administration of the prize draw and will not be passed on to an outside company without permission.
February 2nd 2016