Halloween is lurking just around the corner, and if you want to enjoy all the opportunities for spooky fun that the season offers, it’s time to start shopping for supplies. Here are our top tips for fright-night prep, whether you’re on a tight budget or planning on pulling out all the stops for fright night.
Trick: Make it a DIY Halloween
Halloween always provides a good opportunity for getting crafty, so we’ve picked out some of the best buys of the season for those wanting to get busy with the scissors and glue. You might even save yourself some money with your home-made Halloween – and you’ll certainly earn some kudos among family and friends.
If you’re going for a poisoned ivy look, we love these realistic glitter leaves, £12 from the John Lewis Haberdashery. A full rundown of the products, all available to click & collect to a CollectPlus store near you, is as follows:
Middle row: Jessie James crystal embellishments £1.92 at John Lewis, Top hat craft kit (with Day of the Dead stickers, £2.99 per pack), £2.70 for 3 at Baker Ross, Fabric ivy leaf embellishments, £12 from the John Lewis Haberdashery.
TREAT: Make Halloween easy
For those looking to make fright night as effortless as possible, using our click & collect service to order pre-made items online will ensure that the party-planning process goes as smoothly as possible. Just shop for the items online, choose CollectPlus at the checkout, pick your preferred store when prompted, and your Halloween goodies will be delivered to your chosen location. Here are a few of the spookiest pieces available with CollectPlus click & collect.
WIN £50 to spend on your dream Halloween
Want to give your Halloween budget a bit of a boost? We’re offering you the chance to win a £50 voucher to spend at one of our retailers, whether you’re looking to stock up on props or find the spookiest costume to wear at a spooky bash. To be in with a chance of winning, all you need do is complete the form below and follow us on Twitter for an extra chance to win.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
2. This prize draw excludes CollectPlus employees, their families, agencies, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
3. The prize draw runs from 11:30 am on Tuesday 13th October 2015 to 18:00 on Thursday 29th October 2015. The prize:
4. There will be one prize of: 1 x online shopping voucher worth £50. No cash alternative is available and the prize is not transferable. By entering, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value. How to enter:
5. To be in for a chance of winning the prize draw, you must complete the form on this page including an email address that CollectPlus can use to contact you.
6. Only one entry per email address will be accepted.
7. The winners will be drawn at random by Thursday 29th October 2015 and announced on Twitter either on the same date or at a later date. The winner will be notified that they have won the prize draw by email and must respond to this notification within 5 days, otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize.
8. By taking part in this prize draw you agree to @collectplus and @john_greed posting a public tweet stating the prize draw winner’s name.
9. The promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control. The promoter’s decision is binding in all matters.
10. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope to CollectPlus, 49 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DU.
11. The promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt, incomplete or fail to arrive by the closing date and time.
12. The promoter is Drop & Collect Limited, 49 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DU.
13. These rules are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. DATA PROTECTION: All the personal information that is taken during this prize draw will only be used in connection with the administration of the prize draw and will not be passed on to an outside company without permission.
October 7th 2015