Winter boots season has well and truly landed, and if you’re not yet rocking a smart new pair of ankle boots, knee length boots or cut-off booties, you’re likely to need a new pair in your life before the year is out. We got Fashion Foie Gras on the case to help you find the perfect pair.
When the weather starts to turn, most people reach for their coats to prepare for the weather ahead. For me, it will always be the winter boots box that comes out first. The boot is my fashion obsession for Autumn/Winter. Whether over the knee or a slim and short ankle boot, I find it’s where I spend most of my cash when updating my wardrobe. So what are the essential styles for winter boots?
First up, you need a tall boot. I always say the higher, the better. Over the knee is my go to tall boot: it slims the leg and makes you feel like a walking talking supermodel. Paired with skinny jeans and a great oversized knit, the over the knee boot takes, what could be, a rather standard outfit and gives it an ounce of spectacular.
Then we have the ankle boot. This is a recent trend that has captivated the fashion world, quickly becoming a wardrobe essential. Play with this how you will, from simple to statement – just make sure you have a go-to pair for daily wear. Try pairing ankle boots with a trouser that is rolled just above the boot for an oh-so “2016” look.
If you’re concerned about cost, don’t worry: this is most certainly not a trend that requires you to spend like crazy. Great high street retailers like New Look and ASOS offer boots, that are 100% on trend and come with a very reasonable price point indeed.
Winter Boots: Fashion Foie Gras’ top picks for 2016-17
I’ve put together my top five for the season, which come in a variety of styles and price tags, but all are made for any women of any shape, size or fashion leaning.
1. This is the splurge boot from See by Chloe. It’s a tad more expensive than the rest, but well worth the spend as it will see you through many winters to come. It has a bit of an athletic outdoorsy flare with the tie in front and a classic undertone with a sumptuous brown suede build. I’m absolutely in love. See by Chloe block heels, (£295) at John Lewis
2. These are the winter boots everyone needs – a tall black boot – and I find ASOS has the best offering for all sizes, running up to a UK 9. This is a boot you will want to buy in bulk. Kaleb over the knee boots, (£65) at ASOS
3. A statement ankle boot is a splurge, as they may be for this season alone. But with these fab prices from New Look you will feel right on trend and not at all thrown about by the loss of cash. Don’t tell my other half, but I’ve managed to fill my closet with a few of these season only spends from New Look. They just look so fab. Metal heeled boots, (£29.99) at New Look
4. Another classic for you here and it comes in the form of leopard. It always feels like an on trend buy, but in reality leopard has no expiration date in fashion. It’s always hot! These can also be worn throughout the year, not just for winter. Leopard print ankle boots, (£99) at John Lewis
5. We’ll finish with another tall boot, this time in a sort of mink coloured suede. This is an outfit winner. It is a wardrobe essential that gives any outfit a sort of luxury push. Just watch out as the leather is so soft you may find yourself caught out stroking it on the tube! Topaz long boots, (£150) at John Lewis
Finally, we know that getting the right size can be tricky when it comes to shoes, so don’t forget you can always order multiple pairs and send back any that don’t quite fit using our easy and convenient returns service. Find out more about how it works here.
December 6th 2016 - by @CollectPlus