Website Privacy Statement
Who we are
The website www.collectplus.co.uk is operated by Drop & Collect Limited trading as CollectPlus("we" or "us") under company number 06593233 with our registered office at 2nd Floor Atlantic Pavilion, Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4AE.
We are a "controller" for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act and GDPR together the "Data Protection Legislation"). This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, or ICO, under registration number Z2841267.
We obtain your personal information when you use our website, ask us to provide you with delivery services (for example, using our 'Return' and 'Send' services), and when our retail Clients ask us to deliver items to you that you have ordered (for example, our 'Click & Collect' service).
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on the personal information we collect about you, how we use it, and the situations in which we may share your information with other organisations.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please contact email@example.com or you can write to us at the Data Protection Team, 2nd Floor Atlantic Pavilion, Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4AE.
In addition to the right to be informed about how we use your personal information (as set out in this privacy notice), you have various other rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you – these are set out in more detail below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to your personal information: You can contact us to request the information we hold about you, as well as supplementary information such as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information.
Withdrawing consent: If you have given us your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. In particular, if you have given us consent to send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any marketing email which you receive or by emailing us at email@example.com. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information before you withdrew your consent.
Correction of your personal information: If the information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can ask us to update it. You can also update your information at any time by logging into your user account on the website.
Erasure of your personal information: You can request that we erase the information we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the information has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted. For example, we may need to continue to hold your information if we need it for legal reasons or in connection with legal claims.
Objection to processing your personal information: You have the right to request that we stop processing your information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue – for example, we may need to continue to hold your information for regulatory or legal reasons.
Restriction: You can ask us to temporarily limit the use of your personal information, for example where you have questioned the accuracy of your information or how it is being used, but you do not want us to delete it.
Objection to direct marketing: You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with information about our products and services (please see Marketing below for further information).
Portable data: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
Please note, some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances and we may not be able to fulfil every request. If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Information we collect
When you use our website, we collect:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the website, for example, your name, and contact details;
- details of queries or complaints you submit through the website;
- information submitted in surveys or competitions that you take part in;
- details of your visits to the website, the resources you access and any data you download; and
- information about your device (please see Cookies below for further information).
When you use our delivery services (including Return, Send and Click & Collect), we collect:
- the name, address, contact details of the parcel sender and the recipient – where our Clients ask us to deliver items to you that you have ordered, we require Clients to provide us with this information; without this information, we would be unable to provide the requested delivery service;
- other correspondence with you in relation to the delivery service (for example, if you contact us to arrange redelivery or to discuss a delivery) – we may record telephone calls and keep records of conversations with you;
- the location of your parcel, through parcel tracking functionality; and
- if you open a CollectPlus account, the volume of parcels sent each month (in order to determine your eligibility under our loyalty scheme).
- When you use our website, we collect:
How we use your information and legal bases
When you use our website, we use your information to:
- resolve your queries or complaints;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences; and
- assess statistical data to improve on customer experience when you interact with our website, helping us to increase the functionality of the website and effectiveness of our marketing.
When you use our delivery services (including Return, Send and Click & Collect), we use your information to:
- provide our delivery services to you and to our Clients, and to provide you with updates or reminders about your delivery (we may send these messages by SMS or by email);
- identify you and manage any CollectPlus account you hold with us;
- administer our loyalty scheme; and
- monitor service levels, improve the quality of our services and for internal training purposes.
We also use your information for the following general uses:
- to conduct research and statistical analysis;
- to let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you (see Marketing below for further information);
- to notify you of any changes to website, to our services or terms that may affect you;
- to improve our product and services and for business analytics purposes;
- to comply with legal obligations; and
- to detect or prevent fraud or other crime, and for the purposes of legal claims.
We also anonymise, collect, use and share aggregated data for statistical and research purposes where it does not identify you.
- When you use our website, we use your information to:
We will link your information with information from third parties such as social media networks, in order to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Where you sign in to your CollectPlus account using your social media account (for example, your Facebook or Google account), we can use this to create a profile on you, your preferences, likes and dislikes in order to provide a personalised service, and content and offers that match your profile or which we believe may be of interest to you.
We also use Facebook tools including Facebook Custom Audience to provide advertising to you, if you are a Facebook user.
To opt out of this use of your personal information please follow instructions on your Facebook account.
We would like to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and may contact you about these by email.
We will only send you marketing, if you have consented to us contacting you in this way. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing emails at any time by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information, clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any of our marketing communications or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing your information
We may pass your information to the following third parties for limited purposes:
- other members of our group for administration or reporting purposes, where necessary for the provision of our services, or for marketing purposes where you have indicated that you wish to receive marketing from our group companies;
- the Client who requested your delivery (where relevant, including any correspondence with you in relation to the delivery and tracking information);
- the CollectPlus store from which you will collect your delivery;
- technology service providers who provide IT and website services, including parcel tracking services, or who we engage to analyse data on our behalf;
- customer service providers who work with us to administer your delivery and provide you with any help you may need;
- telephony providers who provide us with telephone services and functionality; and
- third party delivery companies, including self-employed couriers and other parcel firms, who may deliver your goods or services and manage any returns on our behalf.
Occasionally, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties where necessary for the legitimate interests of business or in order to comply with legal obligations, for example:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we have to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or request from a regulator or governmental agency, or to detect or prevent fraud or crime;
Transfers of your information out of the EU
We may need to transfer your personal information to countries which are located outside the EU for the purpose of improving our service.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is handled securely and in accordance with this privacy notice and the Data Protection Legislation. These include ensuring, where the country does not provide an adequate level of protection, that our overseas suppliers enter into a European Commission approved contract. Some US providers may also be certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield which confirms they have appropriate measures in place to ensure the protection of your personal information.
If you would like further information, please contact email@example.com.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the website and use a shopping cart.
- Performance cookies. They allow us to recognise you as a visitor and how you move around the website when you are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, to help you find what you are looking for easily. Statistic cookies help us understand how visitors interact with the website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Social media cookies. These cookies allow you to connect with social media networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. These are persistent cookies which will be kept on your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion.
- Google Analytics cookies. Google Analytics is a web analysis service. Google cookies are used to help analyse the traffic to the website and make improvements based on visitor behaviour. You can prevent your data being used by Google Analytics by installing the opt-out browser add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you disable all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or part of the website. For more information please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice will be reviewed periodically, and we will update it if we make any material changes to the manner in which we process and use your personal information, and if so we will contact you to let you know about the change.